Vitosol 200-T SPL - tube collector for large solar thermal systems
Take advantage of these benefits
- Low running costs, straightforward hydraulic design and low pressure drop
- Higher collector temperature and output than with flat-plate collectors
- Reduction of energy bills for fossil fuels
- Modular design makes system expansion possible
- Robust construction ensures long service life with consistently high output
Large scale solar thermal plants are becoming increasingly important components of local heating networks. The Vitosol 200-T (SPL) is designed for systems with a collector area of more than 200 m². It is suitable for a temperature range of 60 to 120 °C.
Flexible installation options – freestanding or on flat roofs
The system supports enable flexible installation, either on a flat roof or as a freestanding version. Following
the installation of the substructure from pre-assembled profiles, the header is mounted on site using conventional DN50 steel pipe fitted to the top retaining rail, thereby creating the flow and return.
After pressure testing the DN50 pipework, the Rollbond heat pipes are simply twisted around the pipe and fastened to it with two clamps. Each unit comprises six tubes which can be installed in just a few minutes without specialist know-how.
The header insulation, including a weather-resistant aluminium cover, is
simply hooked in and closed with two flexible metal tabs – a process which requires no tools.